                From:   JohnZ [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
                Sent:   Tuesday, October 01, 2002 6:55 PM
                To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                Subject:        Confused about MTU size [7:54689]

                Can some one explain clearly how does MTU size affect
windows applications
                where these applications won't work over a network link. I
have a certain
                home user that can establish a vpn tunnel through a DSL to
corporate network
                and all applications will work except for email. The only
difference is a
                cisco router in between the homeuser and corporate network.
Without this
                cisco router (with homeuser directly attached to DSL modem)
there are no
                problems. Some one mentioned MTU could be the problem, but
if the frames are
                larger then MTU don't they get fragmented and re-assembled
at the other end.
                How could MTU size fail single application while everything
else works fine.
                Thanks for any help.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]