Greg,

Windows XP does this by default in some situations. If
you have a PC with a Ethernet NIC and firewire
adapter, it will bridge the 2 interfaces together and
create a logical L3 interface that the protocols are
bound to all by default.

http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsXP/pro/techinfo/administration/homenetbridge

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/columns/c

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps211/index.html