Vicuna, Mark wrote:

> this is a good pdf to peruse over...
>
> http://www.usb.org/developers/data/devclass/usbcdc11.pdf

Good stuff. It doesn't mention PPP or SLIP, which I wouldn't think that it
would.

It does mention using USB to connect to a networking device and talks about
sending Ethernet-encapsulated frames to the device. These frames include
everything from the Ethernet Destination Address through the end of data,
but not the CRC. The connected networking device must do the CRC.

It also talks about sending ATM and ISDN data over USB. Interesting.

Priscilla Oppenheimer
www.troubleshootingnetworks.com
www.priscilla.com