At 10:41 PM 11/26/2002 +0000, Larry Letterman wrote:
>switch A and B wont talk to each other or cause a loop
>because you have switch B isolated. STP in your case is
>set for 3 instances :  STP for Vlan 1, Vlan 7 and Vlan 8.
>A loop would be present if switch B were set for Vlan 7
>on both links and STP did not block one of the ports.

I'm curious here.  Given Switch A and B don't emit tagged frames, traffic
should flow freely despite A and B's disagreement on VLAN ID.  I am not
very familiar with Per VLAN STP encoding however.  Are the BPDU's modified
to carry a VLAN identifier?  This would seem superfluous to me and I'd
wonder where it would be needed.  My take on 802.1q PVST+ is that only the
common STP BDPUs are sent untagged and all other BPDUs are sent tagged with
their appropriate VLAN making them easy to disambiguate.