Tis an interesting question.  I went into the online tracking system for an
opinion.  There, CCIE allows you to skip the CCNA and common exams
requirement, but you still have to have to have CCDA and a valid CID exam.
The CCIE option did not appear under my CCNP options.

""jeff sicuranza""  wrote in message
Folks, I just received my 6 mos. heads up for my CCNP. My CCNP expires in
May of 03 and my DP in June of 03. My second and hopefully last CCIE lab
date is on for 7/30 but can be pushed out into September.

Are there any re-certification books that specifically cover the recert.
exam? Or, is the exam just a rehash of the same stuff with a few newer items
in it?

Has anyone taken these re-certifications exams yet? Any tips.. Greatly
appreciated...

With work and the CCIE stuff should I even bother to re-certify???

Regards...

/JS