How's this for nutty: We have a frame-relay point-to-point circuit going
between our Cisco 7500 core router and a 2500 remote router, and the
subinterfaces have IP addys of .1 and .2, respectively. Both sides'
subinterfaces are "up/up", but I am not able to ping either IP address, even
when I am on the host router for each address! Both sides have other working
subinterfaces which I have tested similarly, and these use the same physical
circuit, so I know the circuit is good. OH... and this connection WAS
working at some point, but I can't tell when it stopped working, due to the
fact that neither router recognizes that there is a problem. I tried
bouncing both subinterfaces and reloading the 2500, but the problem remains.
Any advice about what I may be overlooking would be a Godsend.
Thanks!
GM