Sounds like a possible carrier frame-relay switch
mapping mishap. Maybe they added/changed some DLCIs
to their switches and mucked up your PVC/DLCI
mappings. Do you see CDP neighbor info over this DLCI
(sub-interface) if CDP is enabled? That would indicate
broadcast traffic is getting across the PVC end to
end. Another idea would to clear the counters and do a
ping test and see if other site PVC stats saw a
increase in input packets relative to amount of ping
traffic.

Get on the horn with the carrier and have them verify
the PVC mapping end to end, and verify the DLCI #s
they have in their switches are the ones you are using
still. Stay on the phone when they do this. Also, they
may pass it off to some other intermediate carrier who
has it messed up. The carrier can also monitor the
PVC/DLCI traffic while you do some ping, data tests --
see if they see traffic being sent and received. Do a
large 1500 byte ping for like a count of 200 just to
get some data flowing while they look at it.

If you have newer IOS, (12.03T and higher) you can try
the Frame Relay End to End Keepalive (FREEK) feature
too. This will force the DLCI/pvc down and
sub-interface down if the keepalive packets aren't
seen at other site. This probably isn't going to get
you much but might show the smallish FREEK packet is
getting across. Just another test similar to CDP
packet test.

HTH, Erick

--- "Mossburg, Geoff (MAN-Corporate)"
 wrote:
> How's this for nutty: We have a frame-relay
> point-to-point circuit going
> between our Cisco 7500 core router and a 2500 remote
> router, and the
> subinterfaces have IP addys of .1 and .2,
> respectively. Both sides'
> subinterfaces are "up/up", but I am not able to ping
> either IP address, even
> when I am on the host router for each address! Both
> sides have other working
> subinterfaces which I have tested similarly, and
> these use the same physical
> circuit, so I know the circuit is good. OH... and
> this connection WAS
> working at some point, but I can't tell when it
> stopped working, due to the
> fact that neither router recognizes that there is a
> problem. I tried
> bouncing both subinterfaces and reloading the 2500,
> but the problem remains.
> Any advice about what I may be overlooking would be
> a Godsend.
> Thanks!
> GM
[EMAIL PROTECTED]