For Arnold, Jamie who said:

> > Sent: Saturday, January 04, 2003 6:07 PM

> > What about *very* slow access to CiscoWorks?  We're running it from
> > a new Dell 2550, 2 processors, 1gb or ram and the box does nothing
> > but run CW. Accessing it from a workstation takes literally minutes
> > to load the initial page and then another 3-4 minutes to load the
> > device manager. Is this common?

It sounds like your server specs shouldn't be the problem.
What are your pc specs?  For my pc, I had to get a Pentium 4 1.2 GHz with
256 MB of RAM vs my old pc (P3 - 500 with 128MB of RAM) would take 3 times
as long and even longer if I had other apps open. My new pc only takes about
6 seconds to open the main window and 10 seconds to load the device view of
a 6509 in the core.  Add some time loading views for WAN equipment
(obviously).

For anyone thinking of putting this in, my experience with this application
is:
Much more stable on Solaris than on NT.
You must increase the hardware for every application in addition to CDOne
otherwise the performance is terrible.  And on top of that, double the
minimum requirements.
For any upgrades, double your current box (assuming you've done the above
rule successfully).

I would agree that it is a great product.
Mine runs fairly fast, but these are my server specs:
I have the LAN/WAN/DFM running on a Solaris 2.7 Ultra 80 with dual
Ultra-Sparc II chips with a Gig of RAM.