From: MADMAN [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, January 09, 2003 7:25 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Subnet question [7:60711]

don't do anything.  If you put a 10.100.1.x host on the 10.100.2.x
network it won't work until you do change the IP.

   Dave

Tamhankar, Nitin wrote:
> This might be a very elementary question for some of you guys but I
would
> appreciate the answer.
>
> If an office which has 3 different floors and has Cisco routers and
catalyst
> switches and windows environment. We need to configure it in such a
way
that
> each floor is on its own subnet for example
>
> floor1   100.10.1.0
> floor2   100.10.2.0
> floor3   100.10.3.0
>
> Also if a computer which has IP address in subnet 100.10.1.0 is moved
from
> floor 1 to floor 2, it should not communicate with the network unless
its
IP

--
David Madland
CCIE# 2016

"You don't make the poor richer by making the rich poorer." --Winston
Churchill
NOTICE - This message contains privileged and confidential information
intended only for the use of the addressee named above.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination, copying, disclosure or other use
of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by person or
entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender by
return email and delete this message.  This message should not be copied or
used for any purpose other than intended, nor should it be disclosed to any
other person. Any views expressed in this message are those of the
individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be
the view of Investec Group, its subsidiaries or associates.
The Investec Group is not liable for the security of information sent by
e-mail at your request, nor for the proper and complete transmission of the
information contained in the communication nor for any delay in its
receipt.  Please note that the recipient must scan this e-mail and any
attached files for viruses and the like.
The Investec Group accepts no liability of whatever nature for any loss,
liability, damage or expense resulting directly or indirectly from the
access of any files which are attached to this message.