Don't forget "the Simplicity Principle!" :-) I liked MADMAN's answer best.
He's a CCIE and it shows.

Without some idea of the fellow's topology, we can't recommend VLANs, and,
although I know VLANs are extremely popular and the obvious choice for some
situations, they add complexity that may not be necessary. And recommending
Mobile IP for something as simple as this is definitely overkill.

Priscilla