From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2003 2:52 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Which Certification? [7:61152]

I'll have my CCNP completed next week upon successful completion of the
Support exam.  I was planning on working the CCDA/DP track next before
eventually working towards CCIE.

I am about to separate from the Military and have been browsing through
job postings and noticing significantly more jobs looking for a
combination of CCNP and MCSE than I see for just CCNP or CCDP (or both).

I am still planning on doing CCDA/DP, but my question is this:  for the
job market we have today which is the more valuable set of certs to
have, CCNP/MCSE or CCNP/CCDP? (emphasize "today's job market" since I am
still planning on doing DA/DP down the road),

How beneficial is the MCSE towards CCIE?  I have to believe that a
thorough understanding of the front end stuff like AD, Exchange, DNS,
etc is extremely useful for complex networking/infrastructure issues.
What I hope to hear from you is whether that knowledge and experience is
"required" or just "helpful."  Help me out, throw some opinions out
here.  I appreciate your guidance and help.