The Long and Winding Road wrote:

> ""Symon Thurlow""  wrote in message
> > I think MCSE/CCNP will open more doors, although you will
> probably find
> > that in most of the jobs, you will be used 90% for MCSE type
> stuff, and
> > 10% for CCNP type stuff (generalising here I know, but based
> on my
> > experience).
>

> probably because Cisco networks are stable, requiring little
> intervention
> once installed, while Microsoft servers require continuous
> tweaking, if only
> for the MAC work and file permissions work, which never ends.
> :->

And the original poster should indeed consider that. Although an MCSE/CCNP
combination would look very strong on a resume and mean you were qualified
for more jobs, what kind of jobs would they be?

Do you want to be a server admin (borrrrrring) or a network engineer? :) You
should decide and then focus there.

Of course, it's hard to say in this awful job market, though... MCSE could
get your foot in one of the few doors that are open right now. But things
will get better this year. There are some signs of recovery. :0

Priscilla