I think he had a typo and meant to say 16-991 for everything except LMI Rev
1 (Cisco). With LMI Rev 1 (which is the same as "cisco"), the DLCI range is
16 - 1007. He was agreeing with your list.

As far as why does a Cisco router still say that DLCIs 16 - 1007 are
available even after you configre the LMI type to ANSI, who knows? It even
lets you use 992 - 1007. It's one of about a million little idiosynchracies
in IOS. It's one of those things that just aren't worth many processing
cycles in your brain.

Your DLCI is assigned by your service provider anyway. If they are using
ANSI, presumably they wouldln't give you a DLCI past 991.

That's my 2 cents anyway. (Does that silly idiom translate to other
languages/cultures? I hope! :-)

Priscilla

Simmi Singla wrote:

> Hi Dave,
> Thanx for the reply,but I am still not clear  been revised in the new LMI
specifications that we will use