>From the output interpreter on www.cisco.com (you may need a cco login for
it)

SHOW INTERFACE FAST/GIGABIT/ETHERNET NOTIFICATIONS (if any)

Interface FastEthernet0/48 (up/up)
  WARNING: The counters have never been cleared on this interface and may not
  accurately reflect the current status of this interface.
  TRY THIS: Use the 'clear counters' command to reset the counters and
monitor
  the interface parameters over time (less than 24 hours). Reset the counters
  and wait a few minutes to resubmit the output to Output Interpreter.

  WARNING: The collision rate is 1.4108%, which is greater than 0.1%.
  TRY THIS: Look for unterminated or overly long ethernet cables, and/or
  malfunctioning transceiver(s). This may require a host-by-host inspection
or
  the use of a protocol analyzer.
  Consider reducing the number of hosts on the segment to reduce the collison
  rate, or subdividing the collision domain using switches/bridges.
  REFERENCE: For further information, see:
  Troubleshooting Ethernet
  Troubleshooting Ethernet Collisions
  Optimizing Your Network: Replacing Hubs with Desktop Switches

  WARNING: More than 0.1% of input traffic are 'runts' (undersized packets).
  Runts indicate the number of packets which are discarded because they are
  smaller than the medium's minimum packet size. For example, any Ethernet
  packet which is less than 64 bytes is considered a runt. Excessive runts
  are normally the result of a collision, a faulty device on the network, or
  malfunctioning software. Runts may result from collisions, or may may
indicate
  busy network. However, they may also indicate a hardware (packet
formation),
  transmission (corrupted data), or network design (more than four cascaded
  repeaters) problem.
  TRY THIS: Verify network topology and use a protocol analyzer to identify
the
  source of the runts.
  REFERENCE: For further information, see: Troubleshooting Ethernet
  Troubleshooting Ethernet Collisions

  WARNING: There have been 2417684 'underruns' reported.
  This indicates the number of times that the transmitter has been running
  faster than the router can handle.
  TRY THIS: Monitor the level of underruns over time. If they continue
  increasing, consider buffer and queue tuning or upgrading hardware.
  REFERENCE: For further information, see: Troubleshooting Ethernet   and
  Buffer Tuning

  INFO: The 'deferred' counter represents the number of times the interface
has
  tried to send a frame, but found the carrier busy at the first attempt
  (Carrier Sense). This normally does not constitute a problem, and is part
of
  Ethernet operation. However, if the deferred counter becomes excessive,
verify
  you have the proper duplex and speed configured on both sides of the link.
  If you are using autonegotiation on this port, then hard code the speed and
  duplex instead. Do the same on the neighboring device.

  INFO: There have been 2417684 'output buffer failures' reported.
  If outgoing interface buffers are not available, an output buffer failure
is
  reported. If an interface buffer is available but the Transmit Queue Limit
is
  reached, the packet is dropped. However, if 'transmit-buffers
backing-store'
  is enabled, the packet is placed in a System Buffer (which has to be
obtained
  from an appropriate Free-List), and enqueued in the Output Hold queue for
  future transmission at the Process level, and an Output Buffer Swap is
reported.