hanan wrote:

> Hello
> Thank for your reply
> Do I need to create route redistribution in my ASBR router?
> As I said the ASBR router has 2 interface one connected to my
> internal
> network in single area and the other interface is connected to
> ISP so do I
> need to create route redistribution or its not necessary?

Nope, no need to do route redistribution. The default-information originate
should meet your needs, assuming we understand your needs correctly. The
default-information originate is sort of a specialized alternative to
redistribution, from what I understand. Chuck will correct me if I'm wrong!
:-)

The command means that the ASBR can inject into the OSFP domain a static
route or a route discovered by some other routing process, so that routers
in your OSPF domain can take advantage of the ASBR as the gateway to the
rest of world, so to speak.

The "always" keyword means that the ASBR will always advertise a default
route into the OSPF domain, even if from the ASBR's point of view, the route
is flapping. This avoids the ASBR continually sending new type 5 LSAs into
the OSPF domain. It just keeps things nice and clean.

But.... if you happen to have lots of ASBRs injecting a default route, then
don't use the always keyword. In this case you want the OSPF domain to have
dynamic, recently updated info about which defaults are working.

At this point, we have only addressed routers in the OSPF domain obtainin a
default route to get out of the OSPF domain through the ASBR to the
Internet. How traffic gets back in is a more advanced...

Priscilla