From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, February 08, 2003 2:18 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: ASBR ROUTER [7:62570]

Juntao wrote:

> u'd have to set a static route out to the internet, unless if u
> have bgp but
> it didn't sound like it.

I don't know what that's in response too. Yes, the ASBR can have a static
default route configured and with the default-info orig it can inject that
into the OSPF domain. That way the routers in the OSPF domain can send
traffic to the Internet.

As I said before, we haven't addressed traffic coming back from the Internet
into the OSPF domain, though. Assuming a simple design, the ISP can have a
static route to the network in question and the OSPF routers can do their
"magic" to figure out the details of where the packets should go. :-)

Priscilla