Charles Riley wrote:

I think you may have overreacted and scared everybody away! :-)

> Chuck,
>

> Rounding out that analogy, the CCIE of the future will probably
> be reduced
> to being the CCNP of today.

They can still make CCIE much harder than CCNP and if it is much harder, it
will be more valued (probably).

> Regardless, I have spent too much
> time and
> money to abandon the quest for CCIE now, but frankly, if I
> hadn't invested
> as much as I have, I would most likely abandon the quest in
> favor of
> broadening into other areas.  I really don't see much market
> value for the
> CCIE anymore, especially with Cisco hellbent on making it a
> meatgrinding
> cash cow.

They're just trying to save money, be more profitable. We are all trying to
do that in these awful economic times.

> Your java console and "one way only to configure"
> experience kind
> of bears this out.

But we don't know if it will be that bad. They could do a good job with
this, even if it is somewhat automated. They've got some really smart people
working for them.

I would say, continue with your plans (as you said you were going to) and
don't get depressed! Watch for black/white thinking, over-reacting,
generalizing etc. Those can lead to depression....

Priscilla