I do believe it is in the best interest of the Cisco engineers to also push
their products.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kent Hundley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, February 14, 2003 10:35 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Snort versus Cisco IDS [7:62939]

The term "team" was meant to by inclusive of engineers as well as
sales.  I can assure you I have talked to many competent Cisco
engineers, some of them who specialize in security, who do in fact
recommend the Cisco IDS to their large clients.

And yes, salespeople will obviously always push their product.

Regards,
Kent