hi,

it`s even worse than you thought.......

the unix director no longer exsists

the policy manager has now gone,and is now included as part of the new
ciscoworks VPN/Secuirty 2.1 SUITE of software...and you can`t get it
seperatly..

the ids hook into OV simple report`s messages/error`s to the alarm server
....from there you can do what you would do with ordinary events (sms/email)

the blade`s themselfs are REALLY good ,because they sit on the backplane of
your core and see EVERYTHING ...
they drop less packets than other hardware probes (from MY experience ) and
have no Boundaries.....(ie broadcast domain )...again this is all from my
experience

the software...

hmmm...

the onboard (as it is just a solaris box) is quite good and the event
browser is OK...

the way we have done it is to put a total of 2 cards into both our core`s
and have them report to

CW2k  LMS ..for some sys messages
OV 6.2 for alert`s
IEV for  alert`s ..

our server team uses ISS Realsecure and we might forgo the IEV and pump
alarm`s to that as it has a better alarm/report browser tool ..

regards

steve