Hi Monu

I tried the configuration given by you. But i didnt find any problem in
bringing up the interface when i cut and paste the configuration.
Here is the config when i cut n paste the config from a text file

yourname(config)#interface Serial1/1
yourname(config-if)#shut
yourname(config-if)#encapsulation frame-relay
yourname(config-if)#frame-relay lmi-type cisco
yourname(config-if)#no shut
yourname(config-if)#exit
yourname(config)#interface Serial1/1.1 point-to-point
yourname(config-subif)#no shutdown
yourname(config-subif)#ip address 20.20.20.11 255.255.255.0
yourname(config-subif)#frame-relay interface-dlci 108
yourname(config-fr-dlci)#exit
yourname(config-subif)#
yourname(config-subif)#
*Mar  1 00:48:19.271: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface Serial1/1, changed state to
up
yourname(config-subif)#
yourname(config-subif)#
yourname(config-subif)#
yourname(config-subif)#^Z
yourname#
yourname#
*Mar  1 00:48:28.811: %SYS-5-CONFIG_I: Configured from console by console
yourname#
yourname#sh ip int brief
*Mar  1 00:48:30.271: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface
Serial1/1,
 changed state to up
Interface                  IP-Address      OK? Method Status
Prot
ocol
FastEthernet0/0            172.20.110.8    YES manual up
up

FastEthernet0/1            unassigned      YES unset  up
down

ATM0/0                     unassigned      YES unset  up
up

ATM0/1                     unassigned      YES unset  up
up

Serial1/0                  unassigned      YES unset  down
down

Serial1/0.1                unassigned      YES manual deleted
down

Serial1/1                  unassigned      YES unset  up
up

Serial1/1.1                20.20.20.11     YES manual up
up

Serial1/2                  unassigned      YES unset  down
down

FastEthernet1/0            unassigned      YES unset  up
down

FastEthernet1/1            unassigned      YES unset  up
down

yourname#

Please let me know ur comments

Regards