To all,

I know this subject has been talked about on a workstation level but I want
to ask it on a network level.  We recently replaced our Nortel network with
Cisco switches and we seem to have a slowness level across the network at
certain times.  We have a raging debate on what speed to set the NIC cards
and switches.  Some folks say set the switches and PCs at 10mb & half duplex
and others say set them at 100mb & full duplex and still others say auto on
both ends should work.  It has been my experience that auto has never worked
very well.  My question is this, what has been this groups experience on how
to set the ports for the maximum bandwith.  We are using a combination of
Cat 5 & Cat 3 cables.   Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks
Mike