From: Donohue, Steve [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 13 March 2003 15:59
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Console port on 6509 [7:65293]

Good Morning,

I was hoping someone could help me out.  I have a single SUP module in my
6509 test chassis.  When I power up the chassis with my terminal emulator
connected to the console port I can see the image decompressing, and receive
the message that the module is being tested, with successful results.  I
then see my MOTD banner and a request for a password.  I also receive
message that both the SUP blade and the MSFC blade are on line.

Herein lies the problem; the port will not accept any input from my
keyboard.  I have moved the console connection to another SUP module in
another chassis and it works like it should.  I have altered the baud rate
on my terminal, with no success.  I have switch cables for this console, as
well as changing the console port mode (via the button on the front of the
module) with no success.

Has anyone seen this issue before?  Can it be fixed or will I need to setup
an RMA with Cisco?

Thanks.

Steve