I take that back!!  a couple of hours after sending this response I
got a call from a customer that couldn't "talk" to his 6509.  He reset
the switch and could see the output but couldn't talk to it still.
Worked fine on adjacent switch, sending new sup1!!!

   Dave

--
David Madland
CCIE# 2016

I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one
behind me."
--- General George S. Patton