yes definitly a knock, couldn't remember where I had heard a lot of this
before, but the link reminded me.

still parts of this were good, some though need some work. perhaps we could
all rewrite part of this to come up with a really good job description?

I'd change the part "at the same time, perform decimal to binary conversion
for very large numbers."  to 'at the same time, perform hexidecimal to
binary to decimal coversions for very large numbers."

scott

""nrf""  wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Ah, so I see somebody is familiar with Hugh Gallagher's infamous essay.
>
> http://urbanlegends.miningco.com/library/blbyol3.htm

Ed,