On Mon, 2004-01-12 at 12:20, jef moskot wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Jan 2004, Tomasz Papszun wrote:
> > Added are viruses which users submitted to us :-) .  Or found by us.
>
> Well, yes, obviously, but could you maybe take a recent representative
> update and give us an idea of what the added viruses are like?  Just so
> that we get an approximate feeling of what's going on.

are you on the clamav-virusdb mailing list?  That would let you know
pretty quickly.
Tomasz Kojm sent out an update on Saturday with about 200 old viruses
(main 15)
Denis De Messemacker sent out an update of about 50 newer viri (daily
84)
Diego d'Ambra sent out an update of 5 hot viruses (Dropper.Xombe.A,
Trojan.Xombe.A, HTML_CITIFRAUD.A, and another damaged Swen) (daily 83).

> For example, you mentioned that the newest threats are added the most
> quickly, but I don't know if the last time you added an ancient virus was
> today or six months ago.
>
> I'm not asking for precise figures, just something a little more concrete
> than "we add old and new viruses".
>
> Jeffrey Moskot
> System Administrator
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]