On Mon, 12 Jan 2004, Daniel J McDonald wrote:
> are you on the clamav-virusdb mailing list?

Yes, but it doesn't say whether the viruses are old or new, and looking
them up given the various names used and the quantity of updates is not
very convenient.

> Tomasz Kojm sent out an update on Saturday with about 200 old viruses
> (main 15) Denis De Messemacker sent out an update of about 50 newer viri
> (daily 84) Diego d'Ambra sent out an update of 5 hot viruses
> (Dropper.Xombe.A, Trojan.Xombe.A, HTML_CITIFRAUD.A, and another damaged
> Swen) (daily 83).

Thanks, that puts things into a little perspective.

I'm really just looking for a GENERAL idea.  For example, if you had to
explain to the average user what sort of viruses were being added to the
database...is it MOSTLY new ones?  MOSTLY old ones?  About half and half?

Would it be fair to say that when a new update comes out that it has
likely been triggered by a recent discovery?

Jeffrey Moskot
System Administrator