Steven Stern wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 22:36:14 -0400, Don Levey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
>>> Change the security on /var/run/clamav to clamav:clamav
>>>
>>> $ ls -ld /var/run/clamav
>>> drwxr-xr-x  2 clamav clamav 4096 Apr 19 08:24 /var/run/clamav
>>>
>>> --
>> Steve,
>> Unfortunately, that didn't seem to have an effect.
>> The owner:group were already at clamav, and the permissions were set
>> at 700.  I reset to 755 as in your example, but there was no
>> difference in behaviour.
>>

> What are the permissions on the files?
>
> $ ls -l /var/run/clamav/
> total 4
> srwx------  1 clamav clamav 0 Apr 19 08:24 clamav-milter.sock
> -rw-rw----  1 clamav clamav 5 Apr 18 09:20 clamd.pid
> srwxrwxrwx  1 clamav clamav 0 Apr 18 09:20 clamd.sock

Well, so here might be part of the problem:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] clamav]# ls -la /var/run/clamav/
total 8
drwxr-xr-x    2 clamav   clamav       4096 Apr 22 21:45 .
drwxr-xr-x   11 root     root         4096 Apr 22 21:21 ..
srwx------    1 clamav   clamav          0 Apr 22 21:45 clamd.sock

A search of my system doesn't turn up either a clamav-milter.sock or
clamd.pid.
The milter sock file should, at the very least, show up here since this is
where I'm pointing in the sendmail.mc file.  I had thought I was doing well,
as I followed all the instructions...   Perhaps I'll rewrite/expand the
how-to when I get to the other side.
 -Don