On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 09:12:03 -0400, "Don Levey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>A search of my system doesn't turn up either a clamav-milter.sock or
>clamd.pid.
>The milter sock file should, at the very least, show up here since this is
>where I'm pointing in the sendmail.mc file.  I had thought I was doing well,
>as I followed all the instructions...   Perhaps I'll rewrite/expand the
>how-to when I get to the other side.
> -Don

Just FYI, after failing several times to build clamav and clamav-milter, I
used the RPMs from the "crash-hat" site to install version 0.70.  One thing
I've found that is important is to explicitly set every parameter in
clamav.conf and freshclam.conf and not trust any of the default settings.  In
addition, it pays to be explicit in clamav-milter.conf and
sysconfig/clamav-milter.

If I could make just one suggestion to the clam developers, it would be to
consolidate all of the conf files into one.
--
   Steve