[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 09:12:03 -0400, "Don Levey"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>> A search of my system doesn't turn up either a clamav-milter.sock or
>> clamd.pid. The milter sock file should, at the very least, show up
>> here since this is where I'm pointing in the sendmail.mc file.  I
>> had thought I was doing well, as I followed all the instructions...
>> Perhaps I'll rewrite/expand the how-to when I get to the other side.
>> -Don
>>

> Just FYI, after failing several times to build clamav and
> clamav-milter, I used the RPMs from the "crash-hat" site to install
> version 0.70.  One thing I've found that is important is to
> explicitly set every parameter in clamav.conf and freshclam.conf and
> not trust any of the default settings.  In addition, it pays to be
> explicit in clamav-milter.conf and sysconfig/clamav-milter.

I tried RPMs also, and had problems, but was able to build without
apparent issue.  My clamav-milter.conf seems to match what at least
one person has posted so far.  As for clamav.conf, I don't see anything
that (in my ignorance) would raise a red flag.

> If I could make just one suggestion to the clam developers, it would
> be to consolidate all of the conf files into one.

Well, it looks like there are actually two projects here: clam-av, and
the one that enables this as a milter.  Consolidation would be nice, as
separate sections in the same file, as long as everyone behaves.

For whatever reason, I'm not seeing clamav-milter in my ps list.
If it's not running, that would explain why it doesn't create a sock
and perhaps why sendmail can't then connect to that sock.  I get no
feedback when trying to start it, even explicitly using the command-
line options in the config file.  Nor do I see anything in any log
file that is of help (checked messages, no clamav-milter log, clamd.log
doesn't show anything).

FWIW, freshclam *seems* to be working smoothly - at least, I get no
errors and the process seems to be running...

 -Don