Julio Canto wrote:

Bill Randle wrote:

Dave P wrote:

Are there any independent tests out there that do not
paint such a bleak picture? Are there any plans to
submit ClamAV or ClamWin to Virus Bulletin?

[...]

I think a better test is side-by-side comparisons with standard,
commercial, products. If you search the archives, you will some
comments from users. For my part, we have Clam installed on the
front end mail filter box. We also have a site license still for Norton
which runs on the Exchange server and desktops. Since installing
ClamAV, we have not seen a single hit by Norton.

On VirusTotal (a free multiengine file scanner) we've seen that

ClamAV is usually in the top 3 of updating their databases for virus outbreaks, usually with hours of difference against other commercial products.

Hi, how do you make ClamAV update virus database as soon as possible when the signature becomes ready?

Sam.