On Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 12:00:25PM +0000, Markus Braun said:
> I have installed these packages:
>
> apt-get install clamav clamav-freshclam clamav-daemon
>
> but clamav is not active.  How can i check this?

What does this mean?  Not running, or not magically integrated with your
MTA?   ps -u clamav will tell you what processes are running as user
clamav.  If clamd and freshclam are not listed in the output, I will be
very surprised.

On the other hand, if you mean they're not magically integrated with
your MTA, then the answer is of course they're not.  Read
/usr/share/doc/clamav-daemon/README.Debian.gz and look for instructions
on how to integrate clamav with your MTA.

> The eicar testfile comes into my mailbox. :-(
>
> But in the exim4 reject.log, is some info that he is rejecting it.

Again, not sure what you mean here - exim is rejecting a message with
eicar, and yet delivering it anyway?  That makes no sense.
|  Stephen Gran                  | On-line, adj.:  The idea that a human   |
|  [EMAIL PROTECTED]             | being should always be accessible to a  |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | computer.                               |