On Sunday October 22, 2006 at 09:49:38 (PM) Dennis Peterson wrote:

> Gerard Seibert wrote:
>

> > I would rather not use the '--force-scan' option since I am not
> > particularly interested in scanning outgoing mail. Perhaps someone has
> > an idea how to correct this problem.
>
> Because you don't scan outgoing mail I have to scan incoming mail from
> you. My usual response when I read this kind of thing is to just go
> ahead and blacklist you now rather than later. Please practice safe
> messaging.

That makes zero sense. Are you implying that if I were to scan an
outbound message you would eliminate your inbound scan? You do know how
stupid that sounds I assume.

Anyway, we send out several times a week flyers to our customers. These
mailings range from 750 to 2000 messages per run. To scan 2000 identical
messages is insane, not to mention a total waste of system resources.
Other than going to the expense of setting up a separate mail server,
etc. I am looking for a way to circumvent this annoyance.

We are presently investigating other mail clients to see if they meet
our requirement.

It might also be noted that presently, at least as far as I can tell,
clamav-milter does not natively support Postfix. I have to use the
'sendmail.cf' for instance. It would be nice if the 'clamav' team
developed an application that worked natively with Postfix.

--
Gerard