On Fri, 10 Nov 2006, Bart Silverstrim wrote:
> What you're talking about is hassle...if it's too much hassle, you move
> on to something else.  That's fine and dandy.  But there are many many
> many people who are using, for example, ClamAV without throwing a fit
> because there's too much in the conf file to set up.

He didn't throw a fit, he suggested that if a package exists, it ought to
work.  I don't think that's unreasonable.

Calling him lazy is obscuring and sidestepping the actual problem.  It's
also pointless, since if you've read the subject line, you already know
that he's lazy.  He's admitted it, hooray, you win.

If some packages install without difficulty and others do not, then how
about we work together to bring the less efficient packages in line with
the more effective ones?

Jeffrey Moskot
System Administrator