On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 12:31:29 +0000 (GMT)
"G.W. Haywood" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Naturally if freshclam dies we can expect people to mention it.  I'm
> calling for those who run freshclam as a daemon and who don't see any
> problems with it to chip into this thread.  How many of us are there?

I run it as a daemon on a server there that has been running RH9 for
some years.

I have never seen the daemon fail or hang, but a long time ago I did
have some problems where it would fail to resolve domain names that
turned out to be having nscd active as well as bind. Stopping nscd
fixed that.

In short, I have never seen anything failing that is attributable to
freshclam itself, and it has been perfectly stable for well over 2
years now.

--

Brian Morrison

bdm at fenrir dot org dot uk

   "Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud;
    after a while you realize you are muddy and the pig is enjoying it."

GnuPG key ID DE32E5C5 - http://wwwkeys.uk.pgp.net/pgpnet/wwwkeys.html