Ian Eiloart wrote:

> Oh, but wait. What's going on here? You upgrade ClamAV and your
> configuration changes? That shouldn't happen at all. Are you using an
> installer tool that overwrites your deployed configuration? Surely not!

When we upgraded ClamAV, our configuration file stayed the same, BUT
we were treated to slow and unwanted new behaviour that caused a flurry
of support calls and significant amounts of our support time to figure
out what the h*ll was happening.

We were not impressed with the decision taken by the Clam developers.
As a general principle of least surprise, new and experimental
behaviour should need to be enabled explicitly and not "snuck in" on
unsuspecting users.

Regards,

David.