Christoph Cordes wrote:

> we thought a bit about this, and here's the solution that could
> satisfy everyone (TM):

> for clamd we could provide different configfiles, depending on the
> needs the user can choose between 3 - or more templates, like:

But you are missing the point.  The problem is not the configfiles.  Anyone
can easily edit a config file.

The problem is that new behaviour suddenly appears when using an *old*
configfile.  It's the hard-coded defaults in the source that are the problem.

As I said before, as a general principle, new behaviour should not suddenly
appear.  It should have to be explicitly turned on.

By all means, provide your templates -- but please make the compiled-in
defaults the equivalent of "failsafe".

Regards,

David