[snip]

 > > ClamAV might not technically be a release version yet but
 > it is well known
 > > to be widely used and I never use versions that are not released as
 > > "stable".
 >
 > That is a contradiction.  I think you mean "generally perceived as
 > stable" rather than "released" as stable.

Actually no, I mean I don't install a version that isn't presented by the
team as "stable release".

>From their website, front and center:

        Latest ClamAV stable release is: 0.94

I think clamAV is arguably one of the best open-source applications
available. I agree it has a ways to go to be fully competitive with many
commercial A/V solutions (speed is a big one) but I have also noted that
Clam has, in several areas, beat the commercial applications to the punch on
some features (catching phishing e-mails comes to mind). On the bad/good
tally sheet clamav still overwhelmingly comes up winning on the good side.
But I admit it bothers me that something as simple as an old config option
would prevent the daemon from coming up without so much as a line in the
log.

Rick

believed to be clean.