On 7/14/11 9:57 AM, James Ralston wrote:
On 2011-07-11 at 13:40-04 Christopher X Candreva<ch...@westnet.com>  wrote:

I have one machine run freshclam, and use rsync to update all my
other servers with the databases.  The clamav user has to have ssl
keys set up so it can ssh to the other servers without a password.
Then, freshclam.conf has this: ...

Yeah, we've considered setting up something similar.  It wouldn't be
that difficult.

I've just run into this on a number of systems that we've migrated from McAfee to ClamAV. One system faces the internet and is not allowed any outbound except DNS (it is a DNS server). Rsync is the quickest way to get atomic copies and reliable updates. But it is always a full pull owing to the cdiff issue.

Not that be a deal but esthetically annoying.

dp