On 06/15/2012 07:39 AM, Matt Olney wrote:
On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 9:46 AM, Brian Morrison<b...@fenrir.org.uk>  wrote:

On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 09:13:30 -0400
Matt Olney<mol...@sourcefire.com>  wrote:

[snip]
Brian,

It looks like our new build system doesn't bundle the .cvds.  More
accurately it ships 0-length main and daily cvds.  For now you can, of
course, run freshclam to pickup the signature files.  We'll revisit the
desired behavior (with or without cvds) and adjust our build process
accordingly.  Since you brought it up, do you have a preference or use-case
that supports one behavior or the other?

I too am not the OP but will weigh in
For upgrade ( as long as the individual uninstall / install does not delete the .dbs), with out the cvds is fine and I think a user choice. For fresh installs, I think it would be confusing for new users to not have any database included.

Install with the build time cvds has always been the standard and I do not see a reason for the change. If there is some issue not including the cvds is trying to address, let us know what that is so we can weigh in on the solution versus the problem.

--
Jim Preston