On Friday, June 15, 2012 05:18:54 PM McDonald, Dan did opine:

> On 6/15/12 9:59 AM, "gene heskett" <ghesk...@wdtv.com> wrote:
> > On Friday, June 15, 2012 10:44:29 AM Matt Olney did opine:
> >

> > Is there a method that would faithfully duplicate the rpm installs
> > image?
>
> Install source rpm from your distro.
> Put the new tarball and .sig file in the SOURCES directory
> Edit the spec file, changing the version numbers (and eliminating any
> obsolete patches.)
> rpmbuild -ba the spec file
> Install the new packages using your package manager of choice.

This sounds like a method that might work, and it could result in my being
able to contribute the resultant rpm back to their repo to boot.

I'll see what I can do in the next 2-3 days.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Keep your eyes wide open before marriage, half shut afterwards.
                -- Benjamin Franklin