On 12/6/12 10:44 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:

Speaking of clamd.conf, I wonder if some of you might be editing the wrong
clamd.conf file?  I am not sure how it got to be, but according the the
launcher script in /etc/init.d. it is using /etc/clamav/clamd.conf, but I
have others also.

You should make no assumptions about the location of the clamd.conf file. It can be anywhere but is specified by the configure/compile operation, the installer if built from source, the RPM packager, and the command line in the launch script. Any or all can be screwed up or got right by any of the people involved.

dp