If I were to have gotten a suspicious message notice from epl.paypal-communication.com and gone through a whois, nslookup, whois (ip address), dig txt paypal-communication.com, dig mx paypal-communication.com, dig mx epl.paypal-communication.com routine I would have found a very suspicious pedigree and I would add the IP and domain name to my blacklist. And that is exactly what I did. Businesses that send email that is indistinguishable from spam/phishing/obfuscation/cloaking/tracking don't deserve space in my systems. And because I'll not remember long that I did all this forensic investigation and was dissatisfied with the results, I go with the least-effort option of blocking. It is your problem to fix. Be obvious or be blocked. There's too much at risk.

And including a link to a one-pixel (spacer1.gif) image, obviously a tracking beacon, in already suspect messages always looks more suspicious yet.

dp