Am 01.06.2017 um 08:32 schrieb Al Varnell:

On May 31, 2017, at 11:24 PM, Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net> wrote:
Am 01.06.2017 um 03:04 schrieb Al Varnell:
I made an attempt to determine whether epl.paypal-communication.com was a
legitimate domain owned by PayPal with very mixed results.
No WhoIs service could identify it directly

and here is stop to read - let me guess you entered
"epl.paypal-communication.com" including the subdomain and/or used some obsucre
website doing whois requests

Wrong on both points. I initially used only paypal-communications.com in two
different Mac utilities which have given flawless results in the past. Then I
tried a TraceRoute, eventually coming up with the IP

who knows how that crap works, proper software directly asks the servers on such a list https://github.com/rfc1036/whois/blob/next/tld_serv_list and everybody but you knows "paypal-communications.com" is owned by Paypal for a very long time

why i am so emotional about this topic?

because *THAT ISSUE* i originally registered on this list and *you* recommended at http://lists.clamav.net/pipermail/clamav-users/2016-July/003111.html "You must disable Heuristics using clamd.conf and clamscan options" while all you guys which recommend that not realizing that it would disable safebrowsings too and so CLAMAV IS BROKEN BY DESIGN as long nobody either makes that crap whitelisteable with ign2-files, removes it completly or make a switch *only* diable that crap without other heuristics

http://lists.clamav.net/pipermail/clamav-users/2016-July/003111.html