On 23/10/2018 13:28, Paul Kosinski wrote:
"I'm convinced that [malware analysis] interval exceeds the delay due to
sync problems by such a margin that the first interval needs as much
focus as can be committed while the distribution issues are handled at
a lower priority."

I mainly agree (and I much appreciate the efforts of the ClamAV team).

What we found, unfortunately, was that after the switch to Cloudflare,
the mirror sync problems observed by "stock" freshclam resulted in all
the mirrors being blacklisted, causing future ClamAV virus updates to
cease. This meant distribution issues became extremely important.

Would just adding a cron job that deletes "mirrors.dat" every so often be an acceptable work-around?

It amuses me that my mirrors.dat file contains five entries that all point to the same IP address, that's just a bit pointless!

        Cheers,
                Gary    B-)