Chris Toshok <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> At some level, purity of implementation has to give way to the
> utility of the implementation.  I mean, it'll be nice when classpath
> works, but what happens if lots of code out there won't work with
> it?

Purity does not need to give way to utility.  GNU Classpath will run
programs which conform to Sun's public API.  If someone has written
code which depends on undocumented classes/methods/fields, then that's
their fault.

Once the ISO spec for Java rolls around, I seriously doubt that the
only two class libraries in existence will be ours and Sun's.

--
Paul Fisher * [EMAIL PROTECTED]