"Aaron M. Renn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> > Are you sure you want to take this attitude?  It seems a bit heavy
> > handed.  I mean, you're providing a service to developers.  Why not make
> > it easier for them to do their work?
>
> What is the most likely use of an undocumented function by a user?  It is
> probably someone who is using sun.* packages.  I'm guessing this is what
> Paul was referring to.  I don't think it is realistic for us to support any
> of the sun.* stuff, at least not for a good long while.

I think Paul is correct with what he is saying that we should
worry about publicly documented APIs only.  However, it seems obvious
to me that someone out there might have tried to override say the
paint() method of some widget and therefore had to use or get ahold of
undocumented stuff.  That use of the core classes is probably
inappropriate.  Maybe Paul will ellucidate this in his book, "Hacking
Free Software."  ;)

Brian
--