Stuart> Perhaps in the same spirit as the "throws NotImplementedException"
Stuart> hack, we could add a "NotReallySerializable" interface that classes
Stuart> whose svuids should be ignored could implement...

I don't think we could do that, as a new 'implements' is user-visible.
An annotation would be ok, I suppose.

Stuart> I'm not overly fond of that idea, though. It's one thing to allow
Stuart> implementations to voluntarily list *extra* problems, it's another to
Stuart> give them the ability to arbitrarily *suppress* problems.

Stuart> Thoughts?

Maybe japi could just special case javax.swing?
Ugly though.

Tom