Sure you should be able to do this.  The problem is with path name
parsing.  When /test/ is mapped to c:/myapp/ everything is fine, even
when we strip off the patches (System.Web.Hosting does).

Now it gets tricky because when the path gets stripped off, the uri
of / mapped to c:/myapp/ disappears altogether.  Never figured out
exactly how to handle this cleanly, but I'm happy to take another
look.