Thanks William,

This is exactly what I am expirencing. When I would designate the root directory (/) to be mapped to the virtual directory Apache would fail. Thus this is a known issue. I thought I was misunderstanding something. I even tried using double slashes thinking I could trick Apache -- to no avail.

Is this a problem with the parsing in the Hosting environment (the C++ code that load the runtime) or is the problem in .NET API (System.Web.Hosting)? From your response it appears that the .NET API is stripping the root directory. In this case it would appear that mod_aspnet would have to special case this scenario. Let me know if I can help because I would really like to use Apache over IIS 6.0. Apparently I can do what I've requested with IIS 6.0.

Thanks,
Chris

William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

Sure you should be able to do this.  The problem is with path name
parsing.  When /test/ is mapped to c:/myapp/ everything is fine, even
when we strip off the patches (System.Web.Hosting does).

Now it gets tricky because when the path gets stripped off, the uri
of / mapped to c:/myapp/ disappears altogether.  Never figured out
exactly how to handle this cleanly, but I'm happy to take another
look.