On Tue, 23 Jan 2024 08:18:33 GMT, Prasanta Sadhukhan <psadhuk...@openjdk.org>
wrote:

> Existing regression test is failing because textfield height is not as per
> test's expectation..Seems like the indic character being tried to render is
> not being loaded (probably because of missing glyphs) leading to 0
> preferredSpan from
> [BoxView](https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/blame/5a74c2a67ebcb47e51732f03c4be694bdf920469/src/java.desktop/share/classes/javax/swing/text/BoxView.java#L545-L552)
>  which is superclass for `i18nFieldVIew`, the field view for Indic characters.
> Tried block character in the test which is now being loaded properly leading
> to correct height..

"[JDK-8233177] JTextField's size is computed incorrectly when it contains Indic
or Thai characters"

This seems to be a copy of the original bug, but surely all we have now is a
test bug ??
JDK-8233177 should be re-titled to something like
"Test case for bug JDK-8001470 fails if there are missing glyphs"

and the description really should be about that problem NOT the original
problem.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/17528#issuecomment-1912809231